| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Trust organization and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
The Director of Foundation Relations will be responsible for:
- Partnering with the Senior Director and Assistant VP to secure and grow Foundation support from local, national, and international sources.
- Working at the highest levels of the hospital, partnering with board members, senior administration, chiefs, scientists, and other faculty as appropriate.
- Designing and implementing creative strategies and solutions to substantially grow foundation support.
- Developing and executing complex strategies to secure, cultivate, and steward large gifts.
- Maintaining a portfolio of six- and seven-figure prospects.
- Participating in short and long term planning related to foundations.
- Coaching and mentoring staff within Foundation Relations to build strong institutional relationships and expand support.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree and 10 + years related experience in foundation fund raising.
- Strong analytical skills; exceptional writing and verbal skills; computer proficiency; and knowledge of scientific areas of medical research (highly desirable).
- The ability to understand complex medical and scientific projects and to describe them with accuracy and persuasion, verbally and in writing.
- The ability to persuade and negotiate with peerlevel department heads and/or with external agencies/facilities on issues and programs that impact the assigned department as well as several other large departments/divisions.
This Director of Foundation Relations will join a team of more than 130 development professionals at the Boston Children's Hospital Trust, the hospital's fundraising unit. Now in a $1.3 billion comprehensive campaign, the Trust consistently outperforms the majority of its peers in pediatric fundraising. Its staff whether gift officers or the researchers, writers, event planners and others who support them are deeply committed to both the hospital mission and professional excellence. These professionals lead with the vision to be the best. They operate in a supportive environment that prizes innovation, encourages collaboration and provides unsurpassed opportunities for growth to those who strive to be the best they can.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Children's Hospital Trust
Standard Hours Per Week: 40