| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Trust organization and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Director of Gift Services will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all aspects of the gift recording and accounting operation.
- Developing processes for collecting, processing, acknowledging, and reconciling (with Hospital Finance) all philanthropic contributions to the Hospitala growing volume through an expanding array of fundraising activities both digital and in-market, including gifts made through third-party platforms.
- Maintaining policies, setting strategies, and creating processes to ensure the accuracy and quality of donor and gift information and its efficient and timely entry.
- Ensuring that all processes adhere to internal and regulatory standards.
- Leading a team dedicated to gift processing and accounting, managing to the highest standards of excellence.
- Serving as subject matter expert to the Trust fundraising staff and the point of contact for donors and potential donors with questions about their gifts.
To qualify, you must have:
- A College Degree and 5-8 years of general management experience, including at least 5 in development.
- A track record in managing staff in both process and production environments, particularly in gift processing and information management. Extensive knowledge of database systems, data entry automation and information tracking.
- The ability to design and integrate automated/manual systems for comprehensive data management and management information systems and analysis.
- Expertise in gift acceptance policy and acknowledgment practices; knowledge of legal and audit regulations.
- Experience in budget development and budget management. Skills in the procurement of vendors and consulting professionals, and expertise in contract negotiations to generate maximum return on investment for such relationships.
- Strong leadership and management skills Demonstrated ability to collaborate, communicate, and negotiate.
The Director of Gift Services will join a team of more than 130 development professionals at the Boston Children's Hospital Trust. Now in a $1.3 billion comprehensive campaign, the Trust consistently outperforms the majority of its peers in pediatric fundraising. Its staff whether gift officers or the researchers, writers, event planners and others who support them are deeply committed to both the hospital mission and professional excellence. These professionals lead with the vision to be the best. They operate in a supportive environment that prizes innovation, encourages collaboration, and provides unsurpassed opportunities for growth to those who strive to be the best they can.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Children's Hospital Trust
Standard Hours Per Week: 40