Pay Range: $19.63 per hour or higher to commensurate with experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The Engineering Special Events Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, managing, coordinating, and implementing events including but not limited to events for the College of Engineering current students, staff, faculty, prospective students, alumni and donors. The Special Events Manager will manage program budgets, contracts and logistics (including but not limited to facilities, food service, lodging, marketing, special events, transportation and evaluations) associated with college events; supervise and evaluate volunteers; and ensure completion of all project activities. The Special Events Manager is responsible for planning and communicating details of campus, community, state and regional events to senior level administrators.
Minimum Qualifications: · Experience: navigating local, state, and federal laws relating to the program/project area; using computer operation and software programs; program planning and implementation; conducting independent research; designing and conducting training programs; and providing liaison with customer/provider groups.
· Experience: developing, recommending, and evaluating program procedures and recommending changes; developing written materials such as policies, manuals or rules/regulations; providing detailed program assistance to staff; gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts; devising solutions to problems; writing concise reports, and developing and evaluating policies and procedures.
· Experience editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials.
· Experience: handling highly sensitive and confidential information; effectively communicating with various audiences including but not limited to: students, alumni, faculty, staff and stakeholders like legislators; working in an environment dependent on developing and maintaining positive relationships.
Preferred Qualifications: · Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 6+ years. · Experience working in higher education institution framework such as an alumni association, student services, volunteer non-profit organization or equivalent.
· Display the ability to facilitate group problem solving and decision making.
· Knowledge of the University of Idaho and the state of Idaho.
· Knowledge and appreciation of the engineering profession.
· Experience: recruiting, organizing, and/or managing volunteers; organizing, planning, executing and evaluating special events in diverse settings for varied audiences with various purposes.
· Accurate, attention to detail and able to analyze several pieces of information.
· Evidence of initiative, resourcefulness and ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to provide high quality services in a cost-effective manner and to recommend improved methods of performing the work.
· Ability to use common sense approaches and make prudent and sound decisions.
· Public relations or marketing experience.· Experience working effectively with a diverse group of constituents.
· Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and provide high quality services in a cost-effective manner.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: · Ability to move continuously about and between event spaces and locations for extended periods of time.· Ability to travel, work weekends, after regular business hours and holidays.· Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move up to 50 pounds.
Posting Number: SP003012P
Posting Date: 09/08/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: First round consideration date for applications is September 22, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.